February 05, 2007

Seven Hebrew Words for Praise


4. towdah (to-daw’) – (noun)

an extension of the hand…

adoration, specifically a choir of worshippers…

sacrifice of praise, thanksgiving, offering …

Psalm 50:23
He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.

This word speaks specifically of a SACRIFICE OF PRAISE…

Praising God when it costs me something,
when I don’t feel close to Him,
when I feel irritable or out of sorts.

When it demands something of me…
that’s when I’m making a sacrifice.

…Blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness, Blessed be Your name…
…Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering, Blessed be Your name…
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
And when the darkness closes in, Lord, Still I will say:
Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be Your glorious name.
(BLESSED BE YOUR NAME,

Beth Redman, Matt Redman ©2002 Kingsway's Thankyou Music)

No comments: